Visiting Turkey 1st time... advice?
  • Hi,
    I will be travelling to turkey in the first two weeks of July (10 days). Currently my itinerary includes Istanbul, Cappadocia and Ephesus. We aren't that gung-ho about shopping, but we love adventure sports. I am a seasoned traveller. I had a few doubts and would be obliged if you would answer them.
    1) Is the Ephesus one day tour from Istanbul worth it? I went on trip advisor but couldn't find much. If you have had the experience, which one should I take?
    2) Vegetarian food. We are strict vegetarians (no meat, no fish) but not vegans (i.e we have milk and eggs). So will I be facing any problems related to food in any of the above places? If so do you have any suggestions?
    3) In Cappadocia which is the better place to stay - Urgup, Uchisar, Gerome or Cappadocia?
    4) Currency : We have a USD forex card (prepaid currency card). Will that work? Should we carry Euros too?
    5) How much cash should ideally one carry to Turkey?
    6) Bosphorus Night Cruise : I was wondering whether I should take the local cruise by my self or book a dinner cruise through a tour company.
    7) Is the black sea worth visiting from Istanbul?

Any help will be truly appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • To be honest the 1 day tour from ?stanbul will be a very long day and not very long at Ephesus. Ephesus is amazing and worth spending more than a day trip there. ?n Sel
  • Thank you so much for your help
  • i dnt knw wat to do
  • You may face some issues with the food during your tours to Turkey I guess.
  • Why would Anksb have issues with food in Turkey? Turkish cuisine is very wide and contains many vegetable
    dishes suitable for vegetarians, Anksb certainly won't starve.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged