Thailand Trip
  • Hi

I am planning to go with my partner to Thailand in October to Thailand for a month.
    I have already been twice to Thailand but just for short stays to Bangkok and the South of Thailand in the islands.
    I would like to travel and visit the north of Thailand this time and end the trip in the south in the islands.
    So far I have only planned to stay in Bangkok for the first 2 days, could anyone recommend where to go, what to see, where to stay?

Thanks

Lucia
  • Lucia,

If you want to get away from the tourist traps and see a more authentic side of the country off the beaten path, you could head up to the rice-farming Northeast and stay at a fully catered private pool villa (try www.geckovilla.com or www.thaivillarent.com). A local family would welcome and look after you, whilst the privacy of the villa and pool would be yours during the stay. There is a lot to see and do in the area which is definitely away from the typical tourist centres.

There are direct flights from Udon Thani to Phuket, but do note that October is monsoon season in the south (both east and west coasts), so a beach holiday there may not guarantee you the sunny weather you may want at that time!

Wherever you end up I hope you enjoy your stay!

I hope this helps!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion