BTA fees
  • i have been talking with kerrynelson218@yahoo.com whom I met on dating site. He's profile stated he was from Columbus, Ohio, was a widower and had a 16yr old daughter. Owns his house and buisness. Went to Nigeria to design and build a power plant. He told me he did not take enough funds with him to pay for the building materials and was not able to start the job. His daughter was with him. He needed me to send him money to come home. I told him I could get the ticket for them and he could pick it up at the airport in Lagos. He said that wouldn't work, he needed the cash sent by money gram. He was very persistent and was promised a great future for us. I finally gave in. I sent a total of $4,000 by money gram. He told me to send it to Ahmed Walek, phone # 234-802-956-7904 . The hotel man at the Gateway Hotel in Lagos on Airport Rd. This man would be able to get the cash from the moneygram and he would give him the cash. My friend did get the money, then today he said he was told by the immigration office he would need $6,000 for the BTA fees. This did not sound right and I didn't have the money to send. He kept insisting and I got offline with him after telling no several times. I want to alert everyone to the dangers of scams on the internet. When it doesn't make sense, it's not right. Think with your brain and not your heart. If you are willing to take the risk and send money, you have to know you will be throwing your money away. These people are pros and know how to get money from trusting, innocent, sweet people. They know who to prey on.
  • Kerrynelson218 has been playing me since August 13, 2010. He didn't get anything from me mainly because I didn't have anything to give. Once he started insisting I borrow money to give him, it became quite clear to me what he was doing. I am very angry, not only with him, but also myself for believing the line he was feeding me. Be careful girls - he certainly knows how to write those letters.
  • I beleived this from men I met on the internet dating sights and sent over $ 69,000 , of which every cent was lost, it was a very expensive lesson, to all women if a mant wants you to send him money it is a lie take it from me dont be a sucker, Nigeria is a real hot spot for scams, and also be very careful If someone tells you that the EFCC wil help, they are just as bad as the scammers. Your best bet is don't trust anyone on the internet.
  • This man Kerry is nothing but a liar. He says he has money but did not bring enough with him going to work in NIgeria. He also says he has a daughter with him. If any of this is true he would have found a way to get funds from his bank back at home and not scam women into sending money to him. I feel sorry for the daughter he says he has, one day she will find out what he really is like. Never trust anyone you meet online. If you do fall for someone on the internet, do a through search. Google his email address and see what pops up. Scammers will be listed under various sites. Trust your gut instincts and not your heart.
  • This man Edward J Staff is a liar. He says he has money but doesn't have money to feed himself or pay for room and board. He will put on a performance that would make you think that its true. He also says he has a son and mother back in the US. I was talked into sending him a total of $5,000 by sending different transactions. He uses the name Frank Adeoye to pick up money at western unions. The last time he asked for $6,9000 for his BTA fees and it didnt sound right I started asking questions and calling international airlines about the fee amount,it was bogus. Girls be very very careful of this man, he hides behind praising God, and saying dont let the devil use you!
    TRUST IN YOUR GUT FEELINGS ITS NEVER WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WATCH FOR THIS NUMBER! EDWARD J STAFF PHONE # 2347029287608 OR (YOU CALLING HIM FROM US) 0112347029287608
    DON'T TRUST NOT ONE WORD HE SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Same with a man called Nicolas Lawrence, he said he is from Germany but his phone no. is Nigeria. He Asked me to send him BTA for leaving Gemany of 875 $.
    He uses a name Gitta to get money from Gram money.
    He is a liar. Be carful. He is in Facebook in that name. He tell stiries about milinns he has to get from a bank in AU and other things. Don't send him money.
  • Does anyone know anyone by the name MARLENE CURTIS in LAGOS, NIGERIA? I sent her money to come back to the USA, but she's saying something about the BTA which is $750... I think she's a scanner but I'm not sure... I'm at lilwolf.bb@gmail.com
  • has any one heard of a man named John Raymond says he's in the U.S Army but in London?
  • Do not send money to these people. You can check there e-mails by doing a google search to see if any flags come up. Trust your gut instincts and never send money to anyone you have not met over the internet. They tell lies and get you to believe they are truthful but they only want your money. Once you stop sending money or tell them NO they will stop e-mailing or chatting with you and move on to the next victim. They only care about were the next dollar is coming from and not you at all.
  • i been talking to a guy name abraham krosz ,said he was from usa but going to ghana working,send me a photo,at ghana yep run out of money wanted 4000, which i never send ,then alone came bryan mason ,send me a photo ,asked me to put it as my porfile picture ,which i did then abraham asked me to take his picture off my profile,lol different names same photo,then bryan went off to ghana ,same thing needed 4000 dollars to get back to usa ,which i never sended,about a week later i met edward ,well soon as i saw his photo all i could say wow triplets lol didnt need to talk to him as i knew the story lol
  • hi
    i meet are men one the internt , he say hi is fom the usa army ,and is in nigeria and like to com over to germany to meet me , but he ask for money to pay this bta fee , so what can i do .
    wold be nice i get are anser
    ps
  • How come he doesnt have money to pay for
    his bta.
    its a scam.
    if you need more answers you let me know
  • Jewels regarding your post on Jul 17th 2011:
    I have been talking to a man called Dave Bernhardt, then Christian Hernandez, and recently John Raymond from US Army on a dating site. I believe they are all the same. I talked to Dave Bernhardt on the phone, who claimed to be an Australian living in UK, working in oil rigs. He would come to Australia after purchasing diamonds in Dubai. He sent me even his travel itenerary from KLM and asked me to meet him at the airport. Then, he called me asked me to lend him $5000 to pay for the government tax in Dubai. I cut the ties with him. Later Christian Hernandez, with the same writing style, similar sort of story appeared. I cut the ties with him too. This morning he contactd me as John Raymond from US Army. Please don't believe any word he is saying. I saw this name on international fraud website, claiming that he is from US Army but lives in Bolton.
  • Has anyone heard of Bill Robert Ward? He is on Match.com. He is a scammer. He says he's from Gothernberg Sweden. No family members except he is in Maylasia with his daughter Beatrice. He can't tell me anything about his job except he worked out of the UK and is a civil engineer working on a hotel in Maylasia. Same story, he tells me he lives in Austin, TX but his profile says Dallas, TX. He can't come back to the states because he needs $1,900.00 for a BTA Fee for his daughter. Lies, lies, lies. I've already told him he's a scammer and I feel sorry for any woman who falls for his charm and good looks on the internet. If anyone connects with him, watch out!!! He needs to be reported. His e-mail address is chosenone8810@yahoo.com. His e-mail on Match.com is Mysoulmate773. He is not to be trusted. DON'T send money to anyone you personnally don't know and have never seen. I haven't and I never will. Go with your gut instinct if it doesn't feel right, don't do it. People like this should be arrested for being con-artists and thieves.
  • Re Traveller December 4th 2011
    I have and still am in contact with John Raymond I would be very interested in knowing what dateing site you met him on and when.
    Did he ask you for more money at all? He's on Facebook and yet he closed off his account last year But as of January 2012 he's back.
    If you have his email address I would like to compare it to see if its what I have and any pics you may have. Just so I can be sure the John Raymond I know is the same. Or not.
  • Kerry Nelson will use you, say he loves you will never stop loving you. Then you send money and he promises he will be home and pay you back. Once he hears you have no more money to send, you will never hear from him again. These people will pull at your heart strings and promise you anything just to get you to send money. Don't fall for these scams. Check the email address out and see if any flags pop up, then check with immigration and if they tell you they are scammers listen to them.
  • I have read some of the comments here and it is really painful that my country has become the whipping boy. I am a Nigerian and I do legitimate business, like millions of my other fellow country men. However there are some of us who have decide to make a career out of other peoples soft heartedness and it rather unfortunate that they are making such a big impression out there.
    This is my advice to anyone of you, for those of you who have been had, I apologise but you should please spread the word. Now, what you need to spread is not that all Nigerian are fraudsters but that they are some amongst us. For the others who have not been scammed, please, please, please, when ever you come across someone on the internet, no matter how good their story is, no matter how convincing their line is, DO NOT, EVER send money to anybody that you have not met in person. I beg you, help us put an end to this malaise.
    Please, look up this link and see the silliness of these scammers; www.419eater.com
  • hi jewel, i have been talking to john g raymond since june of 2011, did nt ask me for money until novemeber 29 2011 when him and his son michael were apparetly in a accident on the way to the airport to come home. i have pictures he sent me and i would like to compare him he has a facebook john g raymond of pittsburgh pennsylvania, he was also listed on white pages.com on the internet
    with a pittsburgh pa address and phone email me at Laurita211@msn.com
  • jewel

john g raymond is using primo4356@yahoo.com as his email he was also using gianni122@yahoo.com but now the email acct has been closed since my emails have been coming back. he got me for money and i would like to catch the creep so he doesnt scam any other women who fall head over heels in love with him
  • ladies,

another man on yahoo to be aware of whom i met on singlesnet is cosmos dixon--he is a scam artist, saying he didnt bring
    enough money with him to get his young daughter home to the us with him, always says he has a house in pennsylvania and california. talked to me for 5 months before finally asking me to borrow 10,000 to help him-left fast but was too stupid and got hit by another one
  • Hi, I was scammed o for a man , he said he is from California, but he never come o states his name is Nick Andrew, he also claim he is in Nigeria with his little daughter her name he said is Shaton. His email is Nkandrew57@att.net. Be careful with this man is really an scam artist
  • Hello Klaurita You said the name John G Raymond with a son The man I know of is John W Raymond From Louisville KY U.S and he has a daughter who lives with his parents. And he is living in London now and has been there for nearing 2 years. He still to my knowledge is in the U.S Army and is in waiting for money so he can settle his resignation fee.
    I refuse to send him anymore money, And did ask him to apply for a Transfer to me which he did and I have been notified from some one of his approved Transfer just a few days ago. But am told I am to pay 2050 pounds for the Governments to Transfer him as he's doing this on his own, The Army hasn't asked him to Transfer its his doing you see..
    I do trust him But I just don't have that money to send. I will be the one careing for his welfare while he's under going his Resignation from the Army.. If you have a pic of your John Raymond that would be great so I can see whether we are talking about the same man at all.. If you want my private email address to do this just let me know on here.
  • Jewel:

That's not how the US Army works. You don't have to pay thousands of dollars to transfer: you apply and it's either approved or denied, end of story. You're being scammed. The easiest way to check on this would be to phone the base he's stationed at directly and confirm whether or not he is actually there.
  • To Anya K
    Hi I have a email froma woman claiming to be from the U.S Penatgon in Washington telling me Officer Raymonds Transfer has been approved and it all seems quite legitament to me. But I am like you and think why should I have to be the one anyway in the first place to be paying for his Transfer fee. However Officer Raymond is in a London base waiting to settle his Resignation fee as its 20 grand apparently. And naturally I'm not going to pay that at all. But because he's leaving the army early apparently thats why he has to pay the vat on his resignation fee. Because he's applied for a Transfer on his own doing thats why I am the one liable for his welfare and Transfer fee. The Army isn't the one telling him to Transfer..
    I'm still confused anyway and really don't know what to do.And he won't tell me the name of his Base he's residing in either. Thats what freaks me out..I am suppose to be sending this money for his Transfer to his Finance Office at the Base where he is staying in the U.K.
    Tonight I have asked him for there details because I'm rather suspiscious all the time about him and his storys. Its going to be very interesting what i receive back from him.. I won't send any money until i have proof that he is legitament.
    The emails i have now from the pentagon I wish iknew someone who could verify that there a real Army letter..How do you know about the army anyway ? do you have any contacts with them so I can check things out? Please help me if you can..
  • Anya K
    Hi again I meant to also say the fee for Officer Raymonds Transfer is 2050 Pounds being wellover 3 Grand Australian.
    His resignation fee however is nearly 20 grand Aust Dollars , I have asked him also if he can send me his verification proof that he was given for his Transfer to Australia. But he never replies back to many questions I ask him. I refuse and will not send this man the money for his Transfer. And the email also says that if i cant pay the money I can re apply for another Transfer in 12 Months..
    (saying me) Thats what I don't get.I'm not the one applying for a Transfer he is.. Why would she say me Being the one wanting to reapply?? Is that odd or is that how it goes?
  • Hi Jewel,

I spoke to a friend whose father was in the army, this is what she said:

"I know from my dad that you do not pay anything to transfer or to get out of the military. They tell you when and where you are going and you do not get to choose. The military pays all of your moving expenses and a set amount per day during the transition for food. She is getting scammed."

Several others in the army also confirmed: this is a scam.
  • Hi Anya K
    This is whats happening He is in the process of resigning and doesn't really do much work now in the Army except for gym workouts, he's been sent to the U.K to finalise his early resignation and has to pay a fee to be able to access his retirement pay. Plus he cannot leave there unless its paid.. he says its a certain amount and until its paid thats when and only when he can access it. And because we are so anxious to see each other I was the one who suggested if he can get a transfer to Australia instead of him staying in the U.K
    He apparently put in a request and someone from the U.S Army emailed me and said I would be the one to be liable for his welfare here in Australia as he will be living with me not the Army base, But has to sign in to the base a few times a week. Plus because the Armys not the one who suggested he transfer its his own choice any responsibilities are up to him and as he cant access any money because he doesn't have his visa card as he has to renew it in the U.SA I am the one who has to pay for his Transfer. He would if he could but thats why you see. But apparently the Australian Army doesn't want to feel responsible for him while he's here because he's not coming here to work but to have somewhere to stay to finalise his resignation only. I have emails from a secretary in the U.S Finance department and if you knew someone who i can send them to to see if they can verify if there authentic It would be great,because I don't know any other way around this. to check into this propper. Its not just a basic Transfer more with a twist to it so to speak because of his circumstances in his early resignation..
  • Hi Jewels
    I have been talking to a john w raymond for the last 4 months & Im wondering if we are talking to the same person. The only thing is that the john im talking says is in Kabul not London.
    badkat
  • Badkat..
    Hi do you have any pics of him i can see ? I need to verify we are chatting to the same man is he muscely a gym junkie dark hair tattoos on each side of his arms? 1 a lions face the other arem the u.s eagle? Please send me something I'm going through hell with this man still if its the same man.. julieray8882@yahoo.com
    Thanks Jewel..
  • I have been chatting to the man name John Carson Mark...i just wonder if his one of the scammer in Nigeria..he claims that he is an contract civil engineer connected to global communication there in Nigeria .he sounded to be a god fearing man,trying to convince me and promised me good future and tells me sweet nothings..just to win my feelings..he often called me every. Single day his cel no.0112348059878766 and0112348069372217.lately after 4months talking to each other,his starting asking money,for his hotel and BTA fees for 800 usd.beware of this person ...he is a fraud!!!he have a facebook accnt.johnmark282@yahoo.com.he claims he came from arkansa and was connected. To delta airlines in san Diego...
  • Does anyone know if you are a UK citizen working in South Africa do u need BTA to come tlo US??? I'm concerned I'm being scammed.
  • A UK citizen doesn't even need a visa to enter the US.
  • Does anyone know anything about a Rosemay Couture/Brenda Simpkins/Taiwo Popoopla? Rosemary Cooture rcouture @ yahoo. com has scamed me out of @ 3,000 and will not stop asking for more money. Has these people scamed anyone else? Rosemary couture and Brenda Simpkins are from Delaware Ohio
  • Am very sorry for you guys cause have never been through such,but at first when i met veronica a black nigerian girl with email karvera39@gmail.com telling me i have to pay for her ticket fee to US i felt it was a scam but i told myself let me give it a risk cause she was beautiful and was a model in nigeria.but when i got to the airport i met her and took her home and a week later she said she was going back but the sad story was that she did not agree to marry she said she is just here to have fun with me and that how she have been having fun men round the world and i called her a bitch she slaped me lol and at the end i did not loose cause i had fun with her and she told me things about how to know a scammers and had realy helped me.and am married now with an online girl.
  • The BTA fee is a scam created by Nigeria scam artists. The BTA stands for 'basic travel allowance.' This term is used by scammers on dating sites to steal money. They will claim that they are at the airport flying to see their victim, but they need the BTA to fly. The only things needed to fly to Nigeria or from Nigeria is a passport, i.d., and airplane ticket. The legitimate BTA was used almost fifty years ago to keep poor countries from loosing all of their money.
  • Hello I'm reporting a scam that has just blown my mind after reading before post!!! I didn't feel right about the whole thing so I started investigating on my own before I would sent one penny!!! I met this guy on Facebook his name is Liam Clarke... He claimed to be a LT Command Officer for the United Stares army and was retiring in November this year.. Well the first scam was that his mom was sick and he wanted to wire me money to send his mom care giver money... Well that was just flat out stupid you just don't do things like that... But he also works with a so called cousin on Facebook that keeps in touch with me... So as time goes past he comes home from Iraq and is suppose to come visit me in Las Vegas but he has to take a trip to Africa for a week...!so now the scam starts... All of a sudden he's been tranquilized and left on the side of the road ... Oh yeah I forgot he went to Africa to pick up a 750k check that they didn't get cause it was in his shoe... Really anyway so they stole all his ID passport...etc now he needs 2900 total to get airfare ID.. Bta... And some fine at hearthfro... I told him to go the the US embassy he gave some name of somebody who would agree to help him cause he's getting ready to get kicked out the hotel...everything I suggested he said sending cash was the only way or he was going to get kicked out so when I told him that I didn't have any money he insisted that I try to borrow it and that he didn't have anyone he could borrow from except from me... His mom and cousin had already sent what they could... And it was all up to me... So I started checking the web and came cross this web site!!! Which I think is the best thing since sliced bread!!! Thank you so much for all the info posted here it saved me my little coins I do have!!! Shame on these scammers I hope the get caught soon... Real soon
  • Hello, I'm dealing with a guy I met on fb name Kenneth George who supposely live in New Deli, India. He was supposely in military. I have sent him so far 300 USD to do papers to leave the military. He is usppose to live in UK. And was suppose to leave India last week for UK so he could get his money and travel to USA to see me. Well not he says he was detained at aport for BTA and need 400 USD has anyone heard of him or dealt with him? Here is his cell number +917838350510 plz tell me if I'm dealing with a scammer before it goes to far.
  • Most definitely you are dealing with a scammer, dont send him any more money.How do I know this ?

1. No one has to pay or buy documents to leave the army
    2. Why would a soldier be deployed in New Delhi? India has the 10th largest army in the world which is professional and deals with national security.
    3.BTA is a scam there is no such thing as Basic Travel Allowance any where in the world.
    4. I Googled Kenneth George scammer and sure enough Sergeant Kenneth George popped up.

This is the hallmark of the scammer, that he is from one country but lives and works in another often claiming to be widowed with a child.

Keep away from this man and stop all communication

• Never been to online dating since i always met my lovers in
    real life
    Well, after the broken hearteds, I decided to try my luck on
    the net.
    I registered on afrodating.com in search of a beautiful
    woman for a soul mate.
    Unforunately, my fate lied on the wrong person, i waked to
    read a
    message on the site from marylove from Ghana, a white lady
    of 28yrs
    old as She told me.
    Her mum was a missionary and went to Afrixa with her and
    could not
    come back as the local Church needed their service and She
    lives in a
    mission home.
    I fell for her when she sent me a gift on my birthday through
    my postal address.
    We decided to meet each other in real life and She demanded
    money on
    numerous occasion in coming to us.
    I told her the game was over when she try to smuggle
    product which i
    knew nothing about it to the UK, as a surprised.
    I lost nearly £18,000.00 to her and with assitance from a
    close friend
    of mine i reported the story to the cybercrimeoffice of
    Ghana( info.ghanapolice at consultant. com ) and reports
    received that
    fraudster are been trace and my case would receive a
    favourable
    condition.
    Am currently in Ghana where i have met officials of the Crime
    Unit and
    Police and hopefully these scammers will be brought to
    justice.
    The Officials of the crime unitt never requested money from
    me.
    Thank You
    ANDY BOB.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged