Russian girlfriend - travel scam
  • hi ive met a russian girl on the internet she going to visit me tomorrow ive paid her flight and visa shes comming for 6 months but she said she needs 1200 euros because they wont let her fly without this money and shes asking me to help her she said its to do with customs her end is this true the embassy told her this
  • This is a classic scam - there is no advance fee requirement.
  • Yea, be careful and think before paying anymore, if you didnt met her yet then be sure that SHE IS A REAL 100% SCAMMER.
  • actually davidf....depending where you are some countries require proof a certain amount of money...a perfect example is bermuda...look it up. Have you people ever heard of google...its a search engine...most likely the world biggest library index, good grief i have not seen so many obtuse individuals in one spot...that's right look up what obtuse means
  • Yes, some places require proof of adequate travel funds, but in many cases - especially those involving long-distance romance hook-ups - it is a set-up for a scam. One clue is that the funds are never checked at the departing airport - only on by immigration officials on arrival. Hence the scam of requesting money to be sent so that poor Miss lovely legs can set out on the journey to meet her paramour.
  • Hi, I've had the same problem with a Russian girlfriend. I have paid for her visa and flight at £800, when she got to the "airport" in Moscow she phoned me to say she would need £1200 before she could travel. I contacted the Border Agency and they don't know anything about it and advised me to get her to contact the nearest British Embassy. She says that the Embassy can't do anything and not to waste my time. I asked her about sending travellers cheques and she says the travel agency over there hasn't heard of them, it has to be cash. The plot thickens.
  • Don't get stuck into any sort of scam its a complete scam and if you can then cancel the air ticket and get the refund as soon as possible so that you don't waste any of your money.
  • Regretfully I can confirm that it is a pritty set up business in our country to provide "Russian wifes". The problem is that most of letters that you receive are written by special operators, who get 0,25-0,5 USD for every received letter and the "brides" get printed copies of this chats. )))))

P.S. our women are fantastic, but they usually do not search for foreigners. ))))
  • This is to Patriot, if you do happen to see this. I have been corresponding for a month with a lovely Russian lady from Serov. In my heart I love the pictures she sends and the letters she attempts to write to me. (Her English is marginal) I haven't been asked for anything yet and we've exchanged perhaps 20 emails and as many photos. It seems doubtful that a scammer would go to such lengths, but... I know what's coming; everybody does. How can I prove or disprove that this lady is legitimate and that she is what she says she is?
  • I have been in contact with a Russian girl via the internet for 2 months now.I have exchanged photos and spoken with her on the phone.She wants to visit me here in the U.K.and is using a travel agency to secure her visa etc.I have told her that I will pay for this on my credit card if she gives me details of the travel agency.I can then check out the travel agency and see if this is a scam or not.She tells me that the agency does not accept credit cards which makes me very suspicious!Anyway if this approach to the problem helps anyone to avoid being scammed I would advise anyone to try it.Most travel agencies take visa or mastercard.Best advice is NEVER SEND A CASH PAYMENT.However much they beg and play with your emotions.Cash payments = Scam.Insist that an agency be used that accepts your card and always check the agency out via your card supplier.
  • Scam Prevent.
    We offer Third Party Verification services in Nigeria and Ghana to prevent you from being scammed.

We verify and confirm any business or personal offers you receive from Nigeria and Ghana before you part with your money.

E.g. if it is online relationship, you may request us to take the picture of your online lover for you. to confirm if the person is actually who they are. We go to location based on details you provide to get official picture. E.g. if it is document, we verify it from the Relevant Agency for you and send you the information.

Please note that we charge for our service depending on the location of your online contact you want us to verify for you.

If you would like to use our service, send us an email : info@consumervibe.co.uk

If you know anyone who has received any offers (personal or business) from Nigeria or Ghana, do recommend our service, before they lose their hard earned money.
  • This is my story:
    Hi there! I'am Tatiana - tkyski
    Tanya Moses r1v00syze3@qip.ru to me

show details 9:54 AM (15 hours ago)

Hi! How are you?

i'm Tania.
    I am 22.
    I'm from Russian Federation.
    I never did something like that before ... so Me badly like you<3, because you cute.
    Me look through your pic in sister's account. Funny, isn't it?

I'm free, cuz last month my boyfriend cheated on me.
    It was very painful. So now I want to find a man who'll be really love me. I'll be happy to find boyfriend from other part of the world.
    So if you interested in me write me, please.
    ReplyReply
    More
    My Name to Tanya

show details 12:56 AM (14 minutes ago)

great and i see your already in scotland so you won't need to borrow any money to get you out of Mother Russia. Ill tell you what, mail me something (it can be anything... a candy bar, a pack of gum) and I'll play along.
    - Show quoted text -

Tanya Moses to me

show details 12:56 AM (14 minutes ago)

Hey honey!
    I will go to your city in a couple of weeks...!!

I don't check my MailBox often,
    at last I have waited your answer to email...

but I constantly On line on site http://dateqitm.ru ,
    my nickname is 'Nevesta' find me on this project.

You can look there my photos at my profile, ... after u Sign UP..

Please, write me where you live exactly and something more about yourself in personal message and add ur pics

Forward

My Name to Tanya

show details 12:59 AM (12 minutes ago)

Sorry, it's against my religion to sign up to any foreign websites. If you want to talk to me you have to do it here, through a trackable e-mail address. Come on I'm really cute. I'm worth it.
    - Show quoted text -
    Tanya Moses to me

show details 12:59 AM (12 minutes ago)

Hey honey!
    I will go to your city in a couple of weeks...!![rest of message is same as before]

My Name to Tanya

show details 1:00 AM (10 minutes ago)

yeah you already told me this.

2011/8/16 Tanya Moses <r1v00syze3@qip.ru>
    - Show quoted text -

Tanya Moses to me

show details 1:00 AM (10 minutes ago)

Hey honey!
    [rest of message is the same as before]

My Name to Tanya

show details 1:01 AM (9 minutes ago)

What the fuck is wrong with you?! I thought we had something, now all I get is this robot form you keep sending me.

- Show quoted text -

Tanya Moses to me

show details 1:01 AM (9 minutes ago)

Hey honey!
    I will go to your city in a couple of weeks...!![rest of message is same]
    My Name to Tanya

show details 1:05 AM (6 minutes ago)

Damn you to hell you succubus whore! Stop sending me your drivel! Tell that stupid bitch who created you (and by you I mean your robotic auto-reply persona) that you need a fucking update or something and she needs to get back in the kitchen where she belongs. If I ever need someone to make me a spamwich I'll let you know.

- Show quoted text -

Tanya Moses to me

show details 1:05 AM (5 minutes ago)

Hey honey!

I don't check [rest of message is the same]

My Name to Tanya

show details 1:09 AM (2 minutes ago)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. It's just I think we really have something here and I'm so scared of losing you. You just make me act crazy sometimes. Please don't give up on me for one little lapse. -Hugs and kisses!

- Show quoted text -

Tanya Moses to me

show details 1:09 AM (2 minutes ago)

Hey honey!

I don't check my MailBox often,
    at last I have waited your answer to email...

but I constantly On line on site http://dateqitm.ru ,
    my nickname is 'Nevesta' find me on this project.

You can look there my photos at my profile, ... after u Sign UP..

Please, write me where you live exactly and something more about yourself in personal message and add ur pics

Forward

Your message has been sent. Invite Tanya Moses to Gmail
    ReplyReply
    More
    My Name to Tanya

show details 1:11 AM (0 minutes ago)

Thank God you wrote back! It's destiny. Do you believe in pre-marital internet sex? Cause I just had it all over my keyboard when I read your last letter. You were awesome!

• having read your comments on russian women scams ime in a similar situation ive been in touch with a russian lady since january recieved one e mail per day since january ive spent money on visas passports now she wants money to show customs before she can fly to me is this a scam to get more money out of me
  • I am russian, but the things you are describing are totally bullshit. If the girl is in love/interested, she will never ask you for anything, guys, don't be naive... you sound so silly when you share that stuff. Russia is not an uninhabited island, it's a huge country, that accepts credit cards etc, I am just surprised that men are so dumb at times... Russian brides...
  • In my most resent experience, I find the ones that are most damaging and most convincing are the American, Canadian and English, Red Cross volunteers in Nigeria! Most of them can be found coming from this dating site;

http://www.maturedatelink.com/ForgotPassword.aspx

Why not! They speak our language, they understand our way of thinking and it seems to be one of their favorite and most profitable pass times!!!!!

FOOLS RUSH IN------
  • Hey guys, I'm Russian and wanna tell you how silly you r. And only the reason why does this business still exist its only coz there s a lots sillies like u. :) Believe me nobody, never ever if she/he really falls in love will ask u for money or so. and plus most of a russians dont speak english at all. Moreover whn I was young I was working on my summer vacation in one of a such bridal agencies ( it was in 1997) and every time the guy called I was the one talkin to him, and the picture girl even couldn't say a word in english. Regarding no credit cards acceptance, Russia is not an "out of the earth" country, there r thinks which ur countries might not have yet, the only diference is mentality. so recall ur money bck, save ur nerves and say big thanks for people trying to explain to u very simple thinks here
  • my russian girlfriend asked me for $2500 i said i couldnt help her and havent heard from her for a week scam central bro dont trust a russian
  • @goofyphil there is no need to say things like that about Russians. It is your our common sense that you can't trust. If you guys are silly enough to pay for flights/visas for a girl you have never even met, then scams like this would teach you not to be so desperate trying to score a girl from a different country online.
  • beware of a scammer named olesya rybalchenko from zaporoshye ukraine she is the queen of all scammers
  • guys guys wise up please never send money ever and if you want a genuine russian gf then go to spain and visit one of the many brothels there and meet a nice girl and persuade her to leave prostituion and be with you
  • There are good suggestion about the girl and boys. They should both reliable in relation ship. if you want to have a long relations.
    Thanks
  • Ive been scammed for 6000usd and i feel such a fool, she pretended to be in the same country as me till we built a friendship, then she told me she was in Mozhga in Udmurtia republic, name; Olga Ivanova her address given is; Voroshilov 41 street, Mozhga. Boy o boy did she play me, four months in the planning and operation, the photos matched the story beautifully, moving snow from her mothers, sledging with friend, doctor photo's the lot. but then again it was a 6000usd production, That's what's wrong with opening your heart up, you can get bitten badly. "it's only money" as they say and it will be replaced, the costliest thing when this happens is to your pride, " You Live and Learn"
  • I have talked to many women on sites that are pure scammers it's not hard to pick them out, the countries they come from are corrupt everyone is looking to fleece each other it's second nature...
    I am a decent guy but no idiot I recently started chatting to a young girl from Russia who wanted to meet in Lithuania.
    We chatted on the Internet and got on really well so I booked a room at a hotel in Vilnius one for me and one for her and waited and guess what she turned up.
    She was everything she said she was I treated her like a gentleman and we had the best time ever.
    No sex just fun she paid for her own train fare and even bought presents for me.
    We will meet again soon and see how it goes.
    Was it worth going through all the scammers to find her ....bet your life it was.
  • I have a question about Russian customs please - what happens and how much do you pay if you bring 6 bottles of wine by plabe into Russia? Assume the bottles cost about $40/bottle. Many thanks.
  • I'm in a situation right now that's similar, but different. The correpondance is pretty much the same, but the scam may be different. Instead of asking me for money directly, for the customs, she says she needs to borrow from a friend, and have this friend send the money to my accnt, then I send the money to her, and she pays him back later. Is even been suggested that since I'm hesitant to give out that info, that I open a brand new account, and then close it after the transaction. Of course this all sounds funny to me, but where is the scam. Anybody heard of this before?
  • Hi guys,

Oh man this is good timing boys.

So i get this message on a dating site from this hotter than my usual ones saying to write her at a yahoo.com email address. Her profule says she is in my city andit is written in normal english and is a pretty unsuspecting profile. Except she is hot.

So I write an email and say hi. This is Sept 26. S he writes back the next day and says she is actually in Russian. And is lonley..the english is all over the place. But the jist is she wants to have a man win her heart and not hurt her. More photos and asks for my picture. Ok whatever i send one. So everyday since I get thia 4 or 5 pargraph letter saying how i am touching her heart and giving her hope and asks a few quetions that are kind of hard to understand. Its kind of weird..but shes hot so i go what the hell and start throwing some enegy at it. Long story short she now says she loves me..wanted my phone number so she could call me this weekend....gave it to her yesterday...and now she says she is coming to see me in Canada on Sept20. WTF!! Thats 2 weeks. She didnt ask if that was a good time to ome or nothing. Here is the hook I think....this is from her email....

""I really don't know what to make. Really I don't have big economic means,
    I don't guarantee that it will be enough.
    It is necessary to use the best efforts, that we could be together.

Anyway it is our meeting and we solve problems of the organisation of my trip...
    The organisation of our meeting is a general question for us.
    We should care about each other. Care - one of important things in relations.
    If there will be no trust and care then relations will not exist...
    You could ask some important questions about my arrival to you?

Write your ideas, ok, my love?""

OK dudes. Wake me up on this. I am a sucker for good looking woman. Just got fleeced good by a local one too.

it aint right is it? I am gettting pissed as i write this...I want to play along and find a way to fuck her back for toying with people like this. I am single father of three. they could use a hot russina mom.

brad
  • Oh dear. What a shame. I'm having a similar experience myself.

I had a contact out of the blue through Zoosk saying she was in my home town, until I emailed her and found out she was in Sarov, Russia. She's supposedly a police dog handler and has sent me lots of photos and very sweet emails.

Everything was going swimmingly until today, when after saying she would visit soon, and got a visa, she suddenly tells me that to get a refund on her plane ticket (as her government pay her flights), that the flights need to be paid for in advance and she doesn't have enough to pay for them. She's kinda hoping that I will come up with the £390, but as soon as I saw that I was on the net looking for that kind of scam, and here I am!

She sent me photos of herself, her parents (also in police), her pets and group of friends. I didn't think there was a problem, as also photos in her police uniform too.

Has anyone any idea if this is the real deal or just another mug to be?
  • It did turn out as a scam!

http://antiarnaques.org/en/blacklist/5743

Just a heads up :)
  • Dear people, stop surfing dating web sites. There where all your problems are coming from. Foreigners complain about Russian girls scams, and Russian girls complain about crouds of loosers searching for perfect Barbie. These stereotypes have place in real life because of people who do ridiculously careless things before thinking. I think it is the worst thing you just can do - Let someone make fool of you, and than brand all Russian girls scammers. By this behaviour you're robbing yourself. Don't trust people you've never met. Be polite, not naive. And as this topic is discussed mostly by foreigners who is or who was looking for Russian girlfriend, I'll give you 2 recommendations. So,

1. If you want to find good Russian girl - internet is the wrong place to do so. Ten to five years ago Russian girls did beleive they can find love in web. But now internet is full of people who failed to find a girlfriend in their own country and think that for Russian girl any moron boyfriend is a prince on white horse.... So, Russian girls try to find boyfriend among friends, colleagues, and sometimes during their short term holiday visits to holiday destinations.

2. Average Russian girl today earns about 15 to 20 k USD per annum (secretary, back office manager). So if she likes you and wish to meet again she can afford it. If she says she cannot, do come yourself (Of course if you think she is worth it). Late spring or summer preferably. Moscow is really beautifull. And all ladies look amazing without winter coats.

Good luck to all of you! :)
  • It's 100% scammer. I'm frequent flyer and didn't face this kind of issues.
  • 100% you can be sure you are being scammed. The world is not like you think, it is not like you imagined it, it is not like your parents prepared you for.
  • As many of you I to was contacted out of the blue from a Russian girl looking for a gentleman. We have corresponded for about two weeks and its to the point where she says she loves me and wants to visit.
    She has only seen 2 not so great photos of me and many letters.
    All of her letters, pictures and videos seem very sincere. I want this to be real but after ready so many comments I begin to wonder. Many of my questions go unanswered and I just chalk that up to the language barrier. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to nip this in the bud and find a way to discover if this is a scam before she actually asks for money. Much appreciated gang. Alg
  • Hi guys,

I've been reading for a week now all the comments about russian girls scams, here is why. I am a paranoid freak, I got that from my parents. Any of your stories would not have even tempted me, they seem to be soooooooooo obvious. Here is where I stop looking from above and understand you all : I met my russian babe on vacation. I actually had a great time for the few hours I had with her, she even put out. Now, I tend to have a pretty good opinion of myself but I do have a hard time believing that someone can fall head over heels for me that fast. We skype regularly and we aslo text, somehow, there are time (text) when she can totally understand everything I say but when on skype it becomes a bit harder to communicate, I'm thinking that texts are written by Boris instead... She hasn't asked for any money yet, just for us to see each other as soon as possible for our love not to fade away. There are so many things that lead me to believe it's a scam but then again, none of the scams I have ever read about actually discuss grils you would have met in real person as a connexion point instead of just plain internet. I am served the standard love names instead of my name, makes it easier not to mess up, I see discrepencies between levels of English, depending on the communication mode, I find that the degree of intensity is too high (you are my life!!), etc. On the other hand, I could explain most of it by wishful thinking but it's not my type. Regardless of my suspicions and my paranoid personality, she is sooooooooo good that the question needs to be asked, could it be true ? Heart vs Brain... Hard fight !!! Maybe I'll have my answer as soon as we decide to make a move and see each other and then be asked for money but so far I've been avoiding that moment in fear of beeing right, sometimes I hate to be right... Any of you ever heard of "in-person vacation scams" ?
  • Do you guys insult all IT workers when you get a virus?
  • This is to Alg ^^ (Feb 27, 2013 post)

These are the ways I protect myself without spending a coin.

1) Use http://www.iptrackeronline.com/email-header-analysis.php.
    Right click her email, click properties, details tab, and copy the entire message source. Paste it into this awesome email-IP tracker.
    Usually it's a given it will trace the email directly to the host city where the email originated. It hasn't failed me yet. That's the first thing I do whenever I receieve the first contact message to my private email.

2) If you can't verify her location via email trace, then ask her to send you an email through a different verifiable account - for your own sanity sake.

3) After that is done, the next important step is to politely demand communication via a simple cheap laptop and use the Skype program. Laptops have a built in webcam and it's 100% free to both cam in skype and also full 100% voice communication while you cam to save tons on phone bills. This way you KNOW she is who her pictures say she is.

4) It could still be a scam op of course and takes further research to uncover those. I use google for the email address and phone number to see if there any hits on scam sites, also the full given names. Another popular method is to copy/paste the entire first paragraph of any email letter she sends and see if there are comparable hits on google. I've had that happen before and it was a close friend who suggested I try it. Most scam letters come up word for word this way.

5) The last method I use is to always offer to GO THERE first. If she is serious in her intent, she will be thrilled to see you in her hometown or close-by. This way, you dont send a cent to her(him probably) but prepare yourself for an alternative vacation there if she turns out to be not true and instead spend your time enjoying yourself in the area.

Hope this helps someone.
  • Guest of Jan 20th, thanks you have provided useful information. I started looking up on scams as I suspect I might be in beginning stages of a scam being built, and from info provided here also by Rebel99 my suspicions might be true as IP address from hometown and subsequently from Moscow are identical.

Question I have is for guest from Jan 20th, who ever you might be, but I do gather that you might be Russian yourself from your comments.
    If many other cultures are still using the Internet in today's fast paced lifestyle why then would decent Russian ladies be excluded?
    Yes, on both sides of the divide there are the abusers of any system, but too there are also just as many who use the system as designed and are genuine seekers? Not so?

My suggestion is, keep looking use all methods of technology offered but give the respondent a chance.
    If in doubt test the waters, Rebel99's advice is sound.

• Hahaha! Stupid foreigners! I am a Russian girl. I have been communicating with men from different countries for two years, and I must say, you are all very easy to cheat on. I have cheated on many men...but I have found my real Norwegian love recently...so now I must stop cheating..and I am not sad) it's really about time to stop) be careful, guys!
  • I am astounded at the number of idiots posting here. Too funny.

Carry on, dummies.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • This is absolutely hilarious. I have never had such a great laugh. Some people want to be scammed so badly. Maybe it is natural selection at work. I have never ever been scammed. I am trying hard not to laugh out loud. I get hundreds if not thousands of emails from prospective Russian girlfriends. I love the eye candy they send me and I enjoy playing them to the max. Not all Russians are scammers just as not everyone surfing the net is the brightest crayon in the box. Keep the stories coming. This is gold. Keep up the high grade entertainment.

• It's a classic scam, use only reliable websites  with Russian girls like rbrides My good friend met a Ukrainian girl on such a website  and they are together for some months now. They are even planning to get married soon ;)
  • Yeah right ;) a very reliable site for Russian gold diggers.
  • I met a Russian girl on the Internet and we met in turkey it was easy for us both to get there no money exchanged. She is Russian and I an British but live in France we have met a number of times but I would like her to come to France.
    Does anyone know how this is possible please
  • David, have you ever heard of this crazy thing called, "Google?"

Give it a try.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Davidaude,
    Your girlfriend need to apply for a Schengen visa for France .  http://www.francevac-ru.com/english/index.aspx
    Have a heart Terry their in love You know how it affects the senses !
    :x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion