Best place to ski in Europe?
  • Where is the best place to ski in Europe in terms of good value and quality slopes? Let's say I only get one chance to ski in my life, and I have a modest budget but not a lot of money, where would you go? I like nightlife, but the realyl important part is the skiiing. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
  • La Plagne in France is a good option. Very reasonable priced to get there. Great skiing for all abilities. Good nightlife and lots of activities in resort. Glacier and high altitude.
  • Val thorens the cheapest of the 3 vallees but you still have access to all the facilities. It's high up on a glacier so you will definately get the snow. Though it isn't as pretty as other resorts Actually I have just had a brain wave... La-tania right at the bottom of the 3 vallees way below courchevel. It's full of bargains etc and its very pretty. plus you have lift access straight up to courchevel!

At then end of the day everyone has their favourite ski destination. It purely depends on what you want out of it.
  • Andorra is the best place to ski for beginners wanting great value. Ski school is cheap, and there are lots of intermediate runs. Ski packages from the UK are cheap and plentiful too. Great place to shop for duty-free as well! One thing to note though: Andorra is not a hip destination for skiers; it doesn't have the gorgeous scenery and pedigree of the French and German resorts.
  • Where is the best honeymoon ski resorts that include full room service,hotubs and fireplaces. Also skiing is a must.
  • St Martin de Belleville in the three valleys offers an original skiing old rustic village atmosphere (very pretty) but well conected to the three valley ski network, great for famillys who want to enjoy an authentic chalet style holiday. Best value chalet to stay in is Chalet Chardon Bleu, with Peak Pursuits which is about 8 mins out of St Martin de Belleville and its serviced by a minibus that drops you off in the morning and picks you up after your apres ski drink in a local bar. Free ski guiding and a gourmet quality three course meal adds to the experience. Kids have a separate tea time giving everyone time to thoroughly enjoy themselves. We loved it and will return again next year. They have really good reviews on Trip Advisor.
  • Best place to ski in Europe after having skied most of Europe is the Dolomites in Italy. My favorite is Arraba and there are all types of skiing available and the nightlife is also pretty great. Add the Italian gourmet food and my choice is the hotel Evaldo...In Arraba . You will never forget your trip .

Enjoy ...Bill S from Hilton Head, S.C.
  • I can recommend Ischgl and Solden in Austria
  • I'm a little late in contributing to this post, but I could recommend Charmonix, which has fantastic skiing, the local resorts of Megeve and St. Gervais le Baines are also beautiful spa towns with skiing for all abilities. They are all within 1hr 1/2 driving distance from Gevena too!

Enjoy :)
  • Kronplatz in Italy is the besttttttttt more than 1000km of skiing!!!
  • madonna di campiglio Italy :)
  • Switzerland is best place for tourists because it has top cities such as Zurich, Geneva and Basel. Many tourists come per year in Switzerland for spending holidays and make honey moon.
  • Arraba , Kronplatz and madonna di campiglio in Italy. But best place is Switzerland heaven in world and Geneva is the best place in Switzaerland.
  • France, Italy and Paris are famous destinations to visit in Europe.
  • Europe and North America for advanced skiing/snowboarding, the family
    holiday, value for money, nightlife, and luxury - and this is what they
    came back with…Best place to ski in Europe after having skied most of Europe is the Dolomites in Italy.
  • Val Thorens is the highest resort in Europe (at an altitude of 2,300 metres) and the highest point of the largest ski area in the world, the 3 Vallées (600 kilometres of interconnected runs). It’s a New World resort that combines the best of skiing with the best of atmospheres so that each holidaymaker feels UNIQUE and enjoys their very own Val Tho experience! 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion